This version 5 of G+me has a lot of improvements, almost too many to list. There’s something for everyone, and almost every top requested feature has been implemented. G+me should work quite well for all of us.
I normally prefer to make incremental updates to G+me over time instead of releasing a big update. But I was pushing a lot of risky changes and the beta testers were a tremendous help.
- Clicking the G+me icon goes to Google+ notifications
- Option to increase the number of teaser lines in a collapsed post
- Mute button on a collapsed post
- Collapse bar at the bottom of posts in expanded mode
- Option to collapse all comments by default
- Option to turn on/off the mouse-over post preview in list or expanded mode
- The date/time of a post is back
- Compatibility with SGPlus, Usability Boost, Google+ Tweaks (except for “Fixed Navigation: All Navigation”) is back
- A new separate version of G+me for those who want even more safeguards to their privacy: G+me (PARANOID Edition). It has fewer features, but now you don’t have to take me at my word when I say that G+me does not and never will track your web browsing history.
- A new clean look, which by default blends into the vanilla Google+ style
- Tracks read posts; plus a mark-as-read button on a collapsed post
- Re-shared posts show the original author
- Icons for all types of posts: mobile, check-in, games, photo, video, link
- A marker for posts shared only to limited circles
- Ability to show photo thumbnails in the summary of a collapsed post
- Button to mark all posts as read in list mode
- Button to collapse/expand all posts in expanded mode
- More key shortcuts: ‘v’ opens embedded links and shift-C expands long comments
- The extension has been internationalized and translated to many languages
- Finally, a separate options page (See below for screenshots). This also means you can now freely hide the G+me icon if you want.
The next updates will have radical new features. Stay tuned…
Preview of the options pages
- G+me Beta Channel This is the beta channel for G+me. The general release along with screenshots and description are on the G+me page....
- Patch for “Replies and more for Google+” UPDATE: it’s been fixed by the author. If you’ve installed this patch, please follow the instructions below to go back...
- G+me: collapse the Google+ stream into a real-time dashboard G+me is a Google Chrome browser extension that enhances the Google+ web app to make it much easier to process...